Aller en hautAller en bas

Vous êtes le Visiteurs

PortailPortail  AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Quotes of Robert E Lee

AuteurMessage
Corporal Isaac Gause.

Corporal Isaac Gause.

Quotes of Robert E Lee Empty
MessageSujet: Quotes of Robert E Lee   Quotes of Robert E Lee EmptyMar 2 Déc - 18:29

A true man of honor feels humbled himself when he cannot help humbling others.
Robert E. Lee

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Duty is the sublimest word in our language.
Robert E. Lee

Duty is the sublimest word in the language. You can never do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Duty, then is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret.
Robert E. Lee

I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.
Robert E. Lee

I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving.
Robert E. Lee

I like whiskey. I always did, and that is why I never drink it.
Robert E. Lee

I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
Robert E. Lee

I tremble for my country when I hear of confidence expressed in me. I know too well my weakness, that our only hope is in God.
Robert E. Lee

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
Robert E. Lee

It is good that war is so horrible, or we might grow to like it.
Robert E. Lee

It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it.
Robert E. Lee

Let the tent be struck.
Robert E. Lee

My chief concern is to try to be an humble, earnest Christian.
Robert E. Lee

Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or to keep one.
Robert E. Lee

Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character.
Robert E. Lee

The devil's name is dullness.
Robert E. Lee

The education of a man is never completed until he dies.
Robert E. Lee

The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

The war... was an unnecessary condition of affairs, and might have been avoided if forebearance and wisdom had been practiced on both sides.
Robert E. Lee

This war is not about slavery.
Robert E. Lee

We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing.
Robert E. Lee

We have fought this fight as long, and as well as we know how. We have been defeated. For us as a Christian people, there is now but one course to pursue. We must accept the situation.
Robert E. Lee

We must expect reverses, even defeats. They are sent to teach us wisdom and prudence, to call forth greater energies, and to prevent our falling into greater disasters.
Robert E. Lee

What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world.
Robert E. Lee

What a cruel thing is war... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world.
Robert E. Lee

What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors.
Robert E. Lee

Whiskey - I like it, I always did, and that is the reason I never use it.
Robert E. Lee
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Quotes of Robert E Lee
Page 1 sur 1