Aller en hautAller en bas

Vous êtes le Visiteurs

PortailPortail  AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES

AuteurMessage
Lio

Lio

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES Empty
MessageSujet: AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES   AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES EmptyMer 23 Avr - 20:41

Chez Osprey

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES 51ca5810

I had a query today that got me thinking - what about Vivandieres of the First World War? I don't know but had a look and there are two books coming out on this subject - one an Osprey elite on the American Civil War version and more interestingly to me Intrepid Women: Cantinières and Vivandières of the French Army (Hardcover) ~ Professor Thomas Cardoza (Author) - the blurb reads

Cantinières and vivandières were women who served as official, uniformed combat auxiliaries of French army units from 1793 to the eve of World War I. Technically non-combatant spouses of active-duty soldiers, they fought and died in every conflict from the wars of the Revolution through colonial campaigns in Algeria, Mexico, West Africa, and Indochina. At a time when women were strictly controlled by the Napoleonic Code, cantinières owned property, traveled widely, and exercised a fierce independence from their husbands. However, despite their actions, they passed largely under the radar of the growing feminist and anti-feminist movements that flourished in France from 1792 onward. Based on extensive archival research as well as published sources, Intrepid Women is the first serious book-length study of a previously ignored aspect of women's and military history.
Table of Contents
Acknowledgments
Introduction
1. An Uncertain Existence: Vivandières in the Royal Army
2. "Absolutely Necessary": Vivandières in the Armies of the French Revolution
3. Expanded Opportunities: Cantinières in the Armies of Napoleon
4. "Useful and Necessary": Cantinières and the Constitutional Monarchies
5. The Second Empire: The "Golden Age" of the Cantinières
6. The Third Republic and the End of the Cantinières
Conclusion
Notes
Bibliography
Index

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Lio

Lio

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES Empty
MessageSujet: Re: AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES   AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES EmptyMer 23 Avr - 20:43

Référence :

Posted by Ralphus at 02:42

http://1815-1918.blogspot.fr/2009/11/vivandiere-books-coming-out-soon.html
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR VIVANDIERES
Page 1 sur 1